Conflict Transformation by Peaceful Means
During the years there have been a lot of alternative peaceful solutions suggested for solving the crises in
- The centre of it all resides in shifting from military solutions to political and humanitarian solutions.
- U.S and its allies must admit that military attacks have only resulted in more violence, death, hate and destructions and not peace.
- U.S gives Iraqis a timetable for leaving
within 365 days. This is what the majority of Iraqis have been asking for years and nowadays it’s even what the majority of what people in the Iraq want too. U.S.
- Until then any forigen troops are under the United Nations General Assembly rule, they represent the UN.
- Start a Truth and Reconciliation Commission, get help from
in this issue. South Africa
- New democratic elections in 12 months.
- Iraqis rule
- Iraqis are offered the jobs in their country. Stop importing workforces from aboard when million of Iraqis are unemployed and all they want is to work.
- Political militias are forbidden.
- Foreign militias/mercenaries/private armies must leave
- The real Iraqi resistance must stop its military attacks on occupation troops and its allies.
- Put together the original Iraqi army. It will work as a good control mechanism on the streets in
. This army is the one that protected Iraq Iraqin the war against . This will increase the chance to more people working together with them. This will increase the stability in the Iran cities and clarify who still does not understand that violence against Iraqis is unacceptable. Iraq
- Under UNs Compensation Commission the
USand its allies become liable under international law to pay compensation for losses and damages resulting from U.S invasion and occupation of . Iraq
- Foreign troops must be accountable under Iraqi law. The immunity that Bremer gave them is not active any longer.
- Iraq becomes a member of the ICC
- All contracts and laws that have come up since the invasion must be stopped; it will be the next government to in full transparency to review them.
- All “foreign advisers” that have been appointed by the occupation are to leave
- All U.S. and other foreign military bases that have been built shall all be closed in 365 days. Thereafter it shall be open for Iraqis to move into. Iraqis who lost their home in this war.
- Parties must be based on political ideologies. Not race, not religion, not which foreign country that supports you.
- The current parties that have had political or economical support from a foreign country are allowed to participate in the elections coming up in 8-12 years. This will allow “free parties” to develop and “non free parties” to come back clean!
- Since the elections are in 12 months, then the first 6 months are for parties to formulate their political programs. Then we have 5 months for these political programs to be available to the Iraqi people and let the debate start! Month 12 there is election.
- Independent election monitors from the UN or even better from Amnesty International.
- Starting up peaceful dialogues with neighbouring countries to work on the longer perspective for peace in the area.
- Opening Amnesty International offices in every city and village in
. Opening offices for well established international peace organisations in every city in Iraq . Letting these hold seminars, training sessions, and workshops on topics of human rights, solving conflicts thru non violence and working on the empowerment of civil society groups that are found in Iraq and establish more. Iraq
Also start a campaign of having these seminars and training sessions in all political parties, parliament, army units, new Iraqi police stations, Iraqi schools and work places too!
Starting an anti corruption campaign, here I believe
can lend a helping hand. Finland
- Starting democracy and human rights courses on TV, radio, newspapers and Internet. Here I suggest
to be the country to lend a hand! Switzerland
All this can be accomplished and these suggestions work from grass root levels and up and that is what is needed if we want any country to succeed! Its clear from the last years military actions that change is needed, these suggestions are some steps towards that, they can develop and become even better too. We have to start somewhere...
For the whole world here are suggestions too:
- Encourage Peace journalism.
- People starts seriously using peacfull means when solving conflicts and problems.
- People starts seriously working on the UN Millennium Development Goals.
- People starts seriously using alternatives to oil. No more repression, domination and wars for oil or gas.
- People starts seriously using sustainable methods when using water recourses. Let’s learn from half a centry disastrous oil conflicts and avoid future wars for water.
- Air pollution, water shortage, water pollution and loss of biodiversity are all global problems. By changes in our daily behaviour we can save our planet. Becoming a vegan or vegetarian is a good step too.
- Stop big corporation who put themselvs above national and international laws and by it increase conflicts.
Demand that Israel's and the Palestinian's state leagal borders are the ones from 1948. Both have to respect this.
- Why not close down all U.S. military bases in the world! Let the money that has gone to the military and Pentagon instead go to U.S people's universal health care, better schools for U.S kids, getting rid of AIPAC and investing in a national and global education on solving conflicts by peacefull means instead! Does anyone have a current list/map of U.S. military bases in the world?
- Join the disarment groups. The weapon industry’s only function is to produce products whose only purpose is to kill other human beings. Join disarment groups to get rid of the weapon industry.
Other suggestions are welcomed. So are your views how to improve/change the ones I have written with arguments.
Other solutions from Blogger Diablo can be read here (a must read)!