Solutions to help Iraqis
Solutions to help Iraqis:
- The centre of it all resides in shifting from military solutions to political and humanitarian solutions.
- The Iraqi government, U.S and its allies must stop all military attacks since it have only resulted in more violence, death, hate and destruction and not sustainable peace.
- U.S gives Iraqis a timetable for leaving
within 365 days. This is what the majority of Iraqis have been asking for years and nowadays it’s even what the majority of what people in the Iraq want too. U.S.
- Until then any foreign troops are under the United Nations General Assembly rule, they represent the UN.
Indonesia’s offer of sending Indonesian, Malayisan/Asian troops for peace operation mission in . Iraq
- Start/Continue a Truth and Reconciliation Commission, get more help from
in this issue. South Africa
- New democratic elections in 12 months.
For the coming election change the current electoral committee to one fully controlled and run by the UN. The new committee should participate in the electoral education of Iraqis.
- Iraqis rule
- Iraqis are offered the jobs in their country. Stop importing workforces from aboard when million of Iraqis are unemployed and all they want is to work. Start reconstruction!
- Political militias are forbidden.
- Foreign militias/mercenaries/private armies must leave
- When the above is put in action then the group who call themselves the real Iraqi resistance must stop its military attacks on occupation troops and its allies. They are now on their way out of Iraq. Those who choose to still fight would be considered criminals and treated thereafter. And that goes both ways of course.
- Put together the original Iraqi army, at least lets try. It will work as a good control mechanism on the streets in
. This army is the one that include all Iraqis. Iraq This will increase the chance to more people working together with them. This will increase the stability in the cities and clarify who still does not understand that violence against Iraqis is unacceptable. Iraq
- Under UNs Compensation Commission the
USand all its allies become liable under international law to pay compensation for losses and damages resulting from U.S and their invasion and occupation of . Iraq
- Foreign troops must be accountable under Iraqi law. The immunity that Bremer gave them is not active any longer.
- Iraq becomes a member of the ICC. Until a system is set up in Iraq this is also where Iraqis who have committed crimes against their own Iraqi people will be put on trial.
- All contracts and laws that have come up since the invasion must be stopped; it will be the next government to in full transparency to review them. This includes the demands from IMF and World Bank.
- All foreign advisers that have been appointed by the occupation or the current Iraqi government are to leave
All foreigners who have been assigned to give courses about democracy to Iraqis until now you are to leave
immediately. You are obviously incompetent and unskilled. New competent ones will take over! Iraq
- All U.S. and other foreign military bases that have been built shall all be closed in 365 days. Thereafter it shall be open for Iraqis to move into. Iraqis who have lost their homes.
- Parties must be based on political ideologies. Not race, not religion, not which foreign country that supports you.
- The current parties that have had political or economical support from a foreign country are allowed to participate in the elections coming up in 8-12 years. This will allow “free parties” to develop and “non free parties” to come back clean!
- Since the elections are in 12 months, then the first 6 months are for parties to formulate their political programs. Then we have 5 months for these political programs to be available to the Iraqi people and let the debate start! Month 12 there is election.
- Independent election monitors from the UN or even better from Amnesty International.
- Starting up peaceful dialogues with neighbouring countries people to work on the longer perspective for peace and democracy in the area.
- Opening Amnesty International offices in every city and village in
. Opening offices for well established international peace organisations in every city in Iraq . Letting these hold seminars, training sessions, and workshops on topics of human rights, solving conflicts thru non violence and working on the empowerment of civil society groups that are found in Iraq and establish more. Iraq
Also start a campaign of having these seminars and training sessions in all political parties, parliament, army units, new Iraqi police stations, Iraqi schools and work places too!
Starting an anti corruption campaign, here I believe
can lend a helping hand. Finland
- Starting democracy and human rights courses on TV, radio, newspapers and Internet. Here I suggest
to be the country to lend a hand! Switzerland
All this can be accomplished and these suggestions work from grass root levels and up and that is what is needed if we want any country to succeed! Its clear from the last years military actions that change is needed, these suggestions are some steps towards that, they can develop and become even better too. We have to start somewhere...
For the whole world here are suggestions too:
- Encourage Peace journalism.
Start an international Library project for Borrowing A Living Book. This has had a huge success in Swedish libraries whom have tried it so let them help here! You can borrow a religious person, a policeperson, a manager, a blind person, an athlete, a homosexual, a teacher etc over a cup of tea or coffee. Ask questions, learn and increase the understanding which leads to a better tolerant world!
- People starts seriously using peaceful means when solving conflicts and problems.
- People starts seriously working on the UN Millennium Development Goals.
- People starts seriously using alternatives to oil. No more repression, domination and wars for oil and gas.
- People starts seriously using sustainable methods when using water resources. Let’s learn from half a century disastrous oil conflicts and avoid future wars for water.
- Learn about The Story of Stuff and join us that work for a sustainable lifestyle.
- Air pollution, water shortage, water pollution and loss of biodiversity are all global problems. By changes in our daily behaviour we can save our planet. Becoming a vegan or vegetarian is a good step too. What good is your freedom to vote if you can no longer breath clean air, don't have access to clean water and your soil is polluted.
- Stop big corporation who put themselves above national and international laws and by it increase conflicts.
Demand that Israel's and the Palestinians legal borders are the ones from 1948 or 1967. Both have to respect this.
- Close down all U.S. military bases in the world! (The United States maintains 737 military bases in 130 countries across the globe.) Let the money that has gone to the military and Pentagon instead go to U.S people's universal health care, better schools for U.S kids, getting rid of AIPAC, sustainable infrastructure and investing in a national and global education system for solving conflicts by peaceful means!
- Start an International Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
Regimes that disregard human rights or international law must NOT be strengthened by political, economical and military deals and support.
- The sinister weapon multi billion industry’s only function is to produce products whose only purpose is to destroy societies, kill and injure children, men and women. To sell these weapons they work fulltime to make us fear and hate each other. Their survival to earn more billions is to se to it that we always have conflicts and wars.
So please join disarmament groups. Get rid of the weapon industry.
Let’s work together for global sustainable peace built on equality and solidarity for us living now and for our coming generations. Please let’s take that path!
Other suggestions are welcomed! . So are your views how to improve/change the ones I have written with arguments. This is a platform for us to move forward!